Everything You Need to Know
Online therapy is a form of mental healthcare that delivers counseling services via the internet. It can take many forms from text messages and email to phone calls and video chats. You may hear it referred to by a number of different names, including e-therapy, telehealth counseling, distance therapy, or web therapy. By any name, this form of counseling can be an effective solution for any number of people. At Connecticut Online Counseling, we rely on an innovative video call software called Doxy.me to provide face-to-face talk therapy sessions for people wherever they are in the state of Connecticut. If you’re looking to make positive changes, improve your mental health, or just work through one of life’s many struggles, online counseling may offer a convenient and effective solution.
Types of Online Counseling
Like traditional talk therapy, online counseling services through Connecticut Online Counseling can be helpful in a number of situations. We’re happy to plan for and provide online counseling services for:
- Individuals – one on one sessions through the Doxy.me system to help you with personal goals or challenges
- Families – you and one or more members of your family can utilize the Doxy.me system to work through conflicts and concerns impacting your family’s ability to thrive as a unit
- Couples – you and your partner can talk through challenges and develop skills to create fulfilling and healthy relationships
Online Therapy Sessions May Cover
Like traditional counseling, online therapy secessions may be effective for people going through a challenging situation or working towards positive changes. Online therapy can also help those who are dealing with a number of diagnoses and specific treatment goals, including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Attentional Difficulties (ADHD)
- Depression & Mood Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma & Abuse
- Marital or Relational Difficulties
- Parent-Child Bonding Issues & Foster Care or Adoption
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Substance Abuse
- And more
Should I Consider Online Therapy?
Every person is unique, and you deserve a counseling option that is as individual as you are. If online counseling is the right option for you, we hope you’ll consider working with our team. Some of the many reasons people give for choosing online therapy include the following:
- Avoid the commute to and from the office
- No need to explain to family, friends, or business associates why you’re visiting a therapist
- You feel able to be more open with your therapist on your home turf
- Those who have difficulty interacting with others due to a variety of diagnoses will be able to avoid potential triggers by controlling their surroundings
- Provides greater access for those without transportation or who live in remote locations
Is Connecticut Online Counseling the Right Option for Me?
Before beginning online therapy, many people want to know whether or not it’s ethical to receive counseling online. With other “big name” telehealth services, it can be difficult to know exactly who you’re talking to. The Connecticut Online Counseling team is part of the Stokes Counseling Services Family. We’ve been providing effective in-office and in-home therapy services for individuals, couples, and families from communities in the Naugatuck area for years. The same local team of professionals offer our online counseling services. If you’re looking for telehealth therapy services from a trustworthy team of professionals, our team may be just what you’re looking for.
Security & Privacy
Using the state-of-the-art Doxy.me system, we’re able to provide secure and private counseling services for people in their own homes, offices, or other locations from any computer, tablet, or cellphone. All you need is an internet connection, microphone, and camera. It’s really that easy. Many people find themselves concerned that this ease of access comes at the loss of security. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. The Doxy.me system utilizes the latest in encryption software to protect your privacy. You will also be able to access the system without providing any of your personal information – all we need is your first name at check in. There’s nothing to download, no credit card required, and all sessions provide security that exceeds HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and HITECH (The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) standards.
How do I Get Started?
To get started, simply give the Connecticut Online Counseling team a call or complete our online request form. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and schedule a first session for you. We look forward to working with you to achieve your therapy goals from the comfort of your own home, office, or other private location, using any device.